Entire Guide Revamp
This guide is by no means finished. There's still quite a lot to go, and hopefully with the community's support, more can be added to this guide. Below are some aspects yet to be covered in this guide, but may be included in the future:
Entire guide revamp (aesthetics)
Free Market prices (for each server)
Buff potions, including Onyx Apples, Energizers and Alchemy ones
Potion Droplist (for specific potions) (thanks to Pavchka for suggestion)
Pet and Familiar notes regarding HP and MP (thanks to Kyuguy for suggestion)
Inter-server prices, potion NPC locations (MSEA, EMS etc.) (may be implemented depending on demand)
Value for Money
NOTE: Alchemy potions are not included here as they will ALWAYS be better value than purchasable potions, however fatigue points will generally hinder the amount of Alchemy potions one can craft per day.
When it comes to potions and their prices, make sure you know how much HP and or MP you want healed before going ahead and buying them. This should generally be around 50-90% of your HP/MP, although there are specific reasons when you will want a potion that will heal all of your HP or MP or even lower than 50%. Sometimes even if the potion is worth a bargain, your HP and MP simply do not meet the best potential for those potions. Also it will depend on how often you use your potions, which itself is determined by where you train.
If you have methods of obtaining potions for free, such as from bosses, then use those instead. Its certainly cheaper. Skills which help recover HP and or MP such as Blood Drain are also very useful, so don't disregard them entirely. One skill very useful in conjunction with % based potions is Hyper Body, which can either be obtained from partying with a Spearman/Dragon Knight/Dark Knight or from potentialed Bottomwear with Decent Hyper Body.
1. Red Potions, Eggs, Meats, Red Pills (Most stores sell these items for a price of 0.1 mesos per 1 HP. Red Pills can only be bought in Ludibrium. Up to 300 can be held per slot, with the Red Pills able to be carried in bundles of 600.)
2. Orange Potions, White Potions, Orange Pills, White Pills, Hot Dogs, Fried Chickens (Most stores sell the first two for a price of 0.32 mesos per 1 HP, the other four are not found in many stores. These are generally alternatives to the Silent Crusade potions. One good thing about them is the fact that up to 300 can be held per slot, with up to 600 for the pills.)
3. Unagi (At a rate of 0.7mesos approximate to 1 HP, its more efficient than a Barbarian Elixir and the healing of 1000 HP isn't too bad, however in later levels, these will exhaust very quickly)
4. Barbarian Elixirs (If one cannot do the Silent Crusade quests yet and especially for Warrior classes, Barbarian Elixirs are still the best alternative. However, one may possibly have to repot very often as only 150 can be held in each slot as opposed to 300 for the others.)
5. Honsters (One should only buy these if they have over at least 4667 HP for a ratio of 1 mesos per HP, it will become cheaper the more HP you have, they can only be bought in NLC. They become more convenient to use than the Silent Crusade potions later on, especially due to the fact they are a % based potion, and not a fixed number. Like Barbarian Elixirs, they can only hold up to 150 per slot)
1. Blue Potions, Oranges, Blue Pills (Most stores sell these items for a price of 0.2 mesos per 1 MP. Blue Pills can only be bought in Ludibrium.)
2. Lemons, Mana Elixirs, Mana Elixir Pills, Salads (Most stores sell the first two items for a price around 0.62 - 0.64 mesos per MP, the other two aren't found in many stores)
3. Sorcerer Elixirs (These go for 1 mesos per MP, which is a good mesos:MP ratio. They can also hold up to 150 per slot. Sadly, they can only be bought in NLC, hence why you should buy them in bulk)
4. Mana Bulls (Though only found in NLC, they offer the best value for those with high amounts of MP. One should only buy them if they have over 4667 MP for a ratio of 1 mesos per MP, from then on it becomes cheaper the more MP one has. Like their Honster counterparts, because they are % based, they become a lot more convenient to use over the Silent Crusade potions later on.) For more information, please click here. There are three advantages over the normal guild.